The core of RRC's Course Development team is based in London, but works closely with RRC Middle East and other international partners to ensure RRC's courses meet the needs of all its students throughout the world.
They are tasked with maintaining around 135 distinct courses, 45 separate sets of course materials (in 6 different languages), two Law Guides and more than 50 revision and reference publications. And just to add a little challenge, everything needs to be reviewed and updated every 3-6 months.
They also develop newsletters and technical updates and develop all of our new courses and student resources.
Team Leaders – Vicky and Catherine, with help from Hasan and David
- Key Skills – project planning, ‘encouraging’ consultants and trainers to do whatever our students need whenever they need it and the ability to juggle lots of balls at once.
- Role – to make sure resources are in place to meet our students’ needs before they even know they need them.
Senior Course Developers – Charmian and Denise
- Key Skills – attention to detail, communication and an understanding of how people learn.
- Role – developing course materials, e-learning courses and course presentations, ensuring that they all meet the requirements of the relevant syllabus. Keeping our students up to date with changes to the course and legislation, as well as liaising with trainers to make sure the content is technically accurate and, most importantly, user-friendly.
Trainee Course Developers – Melody and Andrew
- Key Skills – learning a lot of skills quickly and bringing some new skills to the team.
- Role – assisting Senior Course Developers in developing and maintaining courses while gaining the skills necessary to take on the role themselves.
Styling and Graphics – Terri with help from Justin and Richard
- Key Skills – attention to detail, understanding how all the software works, appreciating how design can help our students learn.
- Role – developing graphics, flash movies, videos, etc. and styling our all-important course materials.